Friday, March 4, 2011

Pre-Op Diet lost close to 12 pounds on it

well I had said in my first video that I would post the pre-op diet they had me on. they said it was to make sure there wasn't any fat around my liver for the surgery to make sure that I stayed on it because I showed this to a couple doctor friends and really the only reason they would make you do this is to get used to portion sizing for once you have the band. also they said the whole "follow it or you might not get surgery" so that you don't go out every day until surgery and eat your face off and binge on all the junk you won't be able to eat once you have the surgery.


so I followed this most of the way I had to add more vegetables then it said in the plan because I hate spinach on a good day but without anything else it wasn't going to happen also I used a low cal French dressing because I can't have balsamic dressing like it said. also I am not banded yet so 2 oz or protein wasn't going to cut it. so I added some extra veg and more protein then it said but for the most part it was followed and I lost 12 pounds doing it. this could have been more I am sure because I did have to go out and have some "Last Supper" type meals I mean when the first month is over I would be able to have some of the bad things that I always liked to eat that got me where I am today but I wouldn't be able to have it like before so I went for it. I had the last meal of Chinese and MacDonald's stuff like that to get it out of my system and really not sure it will be out of my system for a while because even now when I am bored or watching TV I want to have that junk it's in my head all the time but I have been resisting all of it and I am not allowed to eat anything solid so that helps me not eat junk also.


anyway I think I rambled enough about all this posted below is the pre-op diet Slimband in Toronto advised me to be on before surgery



1 comment:

  1. hey mark, you haven't updated for more than a year.I am curious and would like to know how is it working and how much weight u have lost. pls let us know it will be helpful for those who want to go for it. thx
    Ak

    ReplyDelete